CLIENT & GUEST RESOURCES
At Compass Group Canada, the health and safety of
our associates, clients and guests has always been
our most important priority. This has never been as
important as it is right now. Throughout the pandemic,
our promise to keep our associates, clients and guests
safe has been unwavering.
As the pandemic continues to evolve you
can rest assured that we are committed to working
with you, our valued clients and partners, to make
sure you have the support you need.
HEALTH & SAFETY
At Compass Group Canada, the health and safety of our associates, clients and guests has always been our top priority; and it has never been more important than now during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In response to the pandemic, our already stringent health and safety, and hygiene standards were reinforced, and our corporate team quickly deployed revised policies and procedures to respond to this ever-changing situation.
The overarching goal is to take all necessary steps to protect our associates and the people they serve. During critical moments, we know time is of the essence. Our health and safety team is on top of public health guidelines and directives – making sure our people know about these changes in real time. At Compass, we have the right processes in place to ensure our teams have the support they need to stay safe and keep our guests safe.
Some of the specific actions we have taken to date include:
- Launching mandatory educational COVID-19 course for all associates
- Implementing pre-shift Health Assessment policy for all associates
- Mandatory mask use
- Installation of physical barriers (i.e. Plexiglas/acrylic)
- Posting signage to assist with managing foot traffic and maintaining physical distance
- Enhancing cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch points
- Documenting and tracking safety plans for each operating unit
- Providing solutions for going cashless where possible, and leveraging mobile ordering
- Installing additional hand hygiene stations for customers/guests
- Maintaining strict adherence to COVID-19 protocols for associates; regardless of vaccination status
- Implemented multi-layered verification process for internal and external safety audits
PROTECTING OUR PEOPLE
We are deeply committed to ensuring the safety of our outstanding associates. Throughout the pandemic, our people have been on the frontlines of the global response to this crisis. Amidst the challenges, our teams have delivered world-class service every day. We are incredibly proud and grateful for their dedication and commitment to our guests and clients.
- Our associates are provided with regular updates about the evolving COVID-19 pandemic
- Our associates receive consistent training on new policies and procedures
- Our associates have access to adequate and consistent supplies of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Our associates participate in daily health assessments to keep themselves and others safe
- Our associates have been among some of the first in the country to be vaccinated – we continue to work with our clients to ensure our essential workers receive vaccination as it becomes available
Beyond the physical well-being of our associates, we recognized the need to provide associates with tools they can use to address any mental health or wellbeing concerns. Our just now Mental Health and Well-Being website (justnowcompass.com) was created to share credible resources on a variety of topics, including mental, physical, spiritual and financial wellbeing.
As one of Canada’s leading food service providers, our commitment to food safety is as strong as ever. While there is no evidence that COVID-19 is transmitted through food, we continue to take extra care with hygiene and standard food safety practices when preparing food. To that end, we have taken the following steps:
- Served stations rather than self -serve
- Removal of shared condiments and enhanced grab & go options
- Suspension of salad bars
- Ensure catering is produced in a safe environment and not brought in from external sources
- Retrain associates on the importance of food safety and key food safety practices
Foodbuy, our group purchasing organization and a subsidiary of Compass Group, is the division devoted to managing our supply chain partnerships and all procurement. We are working collaboratively to stay ahead of any potential supply chain disruptions posed by the spread of COVID-19. Foodbuy has also ensured we are ahead of our PPE needs to minimize shortages that could impact associate safety.
Supplier Risk Management
COVID-19 created a unique set of challenges for the supply chain, impacting everything from production to forecasting to delivery. In response, Foodbuy has been working diligently to stay ahead of disruptions while maintaining continuity of supply. Our entire supply chain team remains in daily contact with our suppliers and distributors, allowing us to:
- Monitor daily inventory levels at our distributors
- Track manufacturing of key food, beverage, and non-food items daily
- Maintain a real-time understanding of the marketplace and develop mitigation plans as needed
THE WAY FORWARD
As a global company with a skilled Canadian team, we are confident that we have the ability to continue to support our clients and your operations through this challenging time. We take our responsibility to keep our associates and guests safe as we move forward, and businesses begin to re-open, very seriously. Our commitment to work alongside our partners remains unwavering.
Our Critical Incident Team (a cross-functional group of senior level Compass Group Canada associates) are responsible for deploying, managing and executing the Compass Group Canada pandemic plan – from staying abreast of changing government directives to ensuring adequate supplies of PPE for our people are made available.
We are grateful to our clients for your partnership during this unprecedented time. Together, we will continue to keep our great people and our guests safe.