We Are APOSITIVE AND SUPPORTIVE PARTNER
The awards and recognition that Compass Group Canada has received tell their own story of how Compass works to be a positive and supportive partner in the communities
in which we do business.
Compass is proud to share each and every one of these remarkable achievements with its 25,000 associates across the country. As the largest foodservice and support services provider in Canada, we fully recognize that it is our associates who are as important and exceptional as the food and service we provide.
Winner of Food Banks CanadaInnovator of the Year Award - 2015
Management and members of the Board at
Food Banks Canada said it best:
“This award is well deserved for Compass! Compass has demonstrated organization buy-in, cross line of business integration, employee and other meaningful stakeholder engagement and a willingness to dive deeply into growing the partnership and trying new ideas.”
Great Place to Work®
Compass Group Canada selected by Great Place to Work® as one of Canada’s top workplaces. A recognition achieved in 2021, 2020, 2019, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008.
Best Workplaces in Ontario
Compass Group Canada selected by Great Place to Work® as one of Ontario’s best workplaces. A recognition we achieved in 2020.
Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
Compass Group Canada is chosen by Mediacorp Canada Inc. as one of the Greater Toronto Area’s Top Employers. A recognition earned in 2021, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, and 2008.
Other Recent Awards
Top 100 Foodservice Report – 2012
#4 ranking on Kostuch Media’s Top 100 Foodservice Report (publishers of Foodservice and Hospitality Magazine). Compass stands in great company with QSR and foodservice industry leaders Tim Horton’s #1, McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada #2 and Subway #3.
In the contract foodservice category Compass Group Canada retains its national leadership position.
Compass Group Canada is proud to continue leading the foodservice industry in client and customer service satisfaction and industry know-how. Our most recent Top 100 rankings is a direct reflection of our capabilities and commitment to being the best in the business.
Congratulations for all you do each day to ensure we retain our industry leadership position!
Globe and Mail: Compass Group Canada earns 2012 Greenest Employer recognition
Compass Group Canada named a 2012 Greenest Employer for a third year. Read full story online here as well as additional coverage on companies making a difference.
Ontario’s Local Food Champions 2012
The School Food Action Coalition formed with funding from the Broader Public Sector Investment Fund (delivered through the Greenbelt Fund), created a partnership between Chartwells, Peel District School Board, Peel Public Health and EcoSource. The Coalition received recognition as a result of efforts to make the Peel Board the first school board in Canada to implement a local food buying policy for secondary schools.
Coalition efforts included educating students about benefits of Ontario food by inviting farmers’ to visit schools, hosting a culinary competition for students with the winning recipe used by Peel District School Board and Chartwells identifying and introducing locally sourced menu items at 200 schools.
2013 – 2016 Progressive Aboriginal Relations Program
Gold PAR Level Achievement
Presented to Compass, the PAR Program recognizes strategic engagement with Aboriginal businesses and communities.
2020 HR AWARDS Finalist
Presented by HRD, Human Resources Director
Compass Group Canada was selected as Finalists for the 2020 HR Awards in the categories of: The Dentsu Aegis Network Award for Best HR Communication Strategy & The Workhuman Award for Best Reward & Recognition Strategy
2020 HR Awards Woman of Distinction
Chief People Officer of Compass Group Canada and ESS North America, Lauren Davey is recognized as the 2020 HR Awards Woman of Distinction winner.
Associations & Accreditations
Industry associations Compass Group Canada belongs to and/or industry accreditations.
- Advantage Ontario
- Alberta Continuing Care Association
- Alberta Seniors Communities & Housing Association
- Association of Canadian Community Colleges
- BC Care Providers Association
- BC Senior Living Association
- Canadian Aboriginal & Minority Supplier Council
- Canadian Association of University Business Officers
- Canadian College and University Food Services Association
- Canadian College of Healthcare Leaders
- Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
- Canadian Food Management Association
- Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors
- Canadian Restaurant and Foodservices Association
- Foodbanks Canada
- National Association of College Auxiliary Services
- National Association of College & University Food Services
- National Sanitation Foundation
- Ontario Association of School Business Officials
- Ontario Food Management Association
- Ontario Hospital Association
- Ontario Long Term Care Association
- Second Harvest
- Senior Dining Association
- Workplace Safety Prevention Services
Industry Awards ForCOMPASS GROUP CANADA
- 2021 – Top GTA Employers by Mediacorp Canada
- 2020 – Compass Group PLC named to FORTUNE Global 500 list
- 2021 – Compass Group Canada named a Great Place to Work® for the 3rd year in a row
- 2020 – Compass Group Canada named one of Ontario’s Best Workplaces by Great Place to Work®
- 2020 – Compass Group Canada named Best Workplaces Retail & Hospitality by Great Place to Work®
- 2020 – Compass Group Canada named a Great Place to Work®
- 2019 – Compass Group Canada named a Great Place to Work®
- 2017 – ESS named Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in North America
- 2017 – Foodbuy wins the 2017 Pinnacle Award for Supplier of the Year by Hotelier Magazine
- 2010-2016 – Gold Level in Progressive Aboriginal Relations – Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
- 2013 – Top 100 Foodservice Report Rankings – Kostuch Media (KML)
- 2010 – 2012 – One of Canada’s 50 Greenest Employers
- 2009-2012 – Top 100 Employers – Mediacorp Canada Inc.
- 2012 – Top 100 Employers
- 2012 – Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
- 2012 – President’s Award at 4th Annual Contractor Safety Form (for reaching 1 million safe man hours at Exxon Mobile site in Ontario)
- 2012 – Ontario’s Local Food Champions
- 2012 – Women of Influence Diversity Champion
- 2011 – Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates