We Are APOSITIVE AND SUPPORTIVE PARTNER
The awards and recognition that Compass Group Canada has received tell their own story of how Compass works to be a positive and supportive partner in the communities
in which we do business.
Compass is proud to share each and every one of these remarkable achievements with its 24,000 associates across the country. As the largest foodservice and support services provider in Canada, we fully recognize that it is our associates who are as important and exceptional as the food and service we provide.
Winner of Food Banks CanadaInnovator of the Year Award - 2015
Management and members of the Board at
Food Banks Canada said it best:
“This award is well deserved for Compass! Compass has demonstrated organization buy-in, cross line of business integration, employee and other meaningful stakeholder engagement and a willingness to dive deeply into growing the partnership and trying new ideas.”
Top 100 Employer
Compass Group Canada selected by Mediacorp Canada Inc. as one of Canada’s top employers. A recognition achieved in 2012, 2011, 2010, and 2009.
Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
Compass Group Canada is chosen by Mediacorp Canada Inc. as one of the Greater Toronto Area’s Top Employers. A recognition earned in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, and 2008.
Canada’s Greenest Employers
Compass Group Canada has been recognized for the third consecutive year by Mediacorp Canada Inc. as one of 50 employers leading the nation in incorporating environmental values into our corporate culture.
Other Recent Awards
Top 100 Foodservice Report – 2012
#4 ranking on Kostuch Media’s Top 100 Foodservice Report (publishers of Foodservice and Hospitality Magazine). Compass stands in great company with QSR and foodservice industry leaders Tim Horton’s #1, McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada #2 and Subway #3.
In the contract foodservice category Compass Group Canada retains its national leadership position.
Compass Group Canada is proud to continue leading the foodservice industry in client and customer service satisfaction and industry know-how. Our most recent Top 100 rankings is a direct reflection of our capabilities and commitment to being the best in the business.
Congratulations for all you do each day to ensure we retain our industry leadership position!
Globe and Mail: Compass Group Canada earns 2012 Greenest Employer recognition
Compass Group Canada named a 2012 Greenest Employer for a third year. Read full story online here as well as additional coverage on companies making a difference.
Ontario’s Local Food Champions 2012
The School Food Action Coalition formed with funding from the Broader Public Sector Investment Fund (delivered through the Greenbelt Fund), created a partnership between Chartwells, Peel District School Board, Peel Public Health and EcoSource. The Coalition received recognition as a result of efforts to make the Peel Board the first school board in Canada to implement a local food buying policy for secondary schools.
Coalition efforts included educating students about benefits of Ontario food by inviting farmers’ to visit schools, hosting a culinary competition for students with the winning recipe used by Peel District School Board and Chartwells identifying and introducing locally sourced menu items at 200 schools.
2013 – 2016 Progressive Aboriginal Relations Program
Gold PAR Level Achievement
Presented to Compass, the PAR Program recognizes strategic engagement with Aboriginal businesses and communities.
2013 Top 100 Foodservice Report
Kostuch Media (KML)
Compass Group Canada ranks fourth in KMLs Top 100 Foodservice Report. In the contract foodservice category Compass Group Canada ranks number one.
2012 Women of Influence Diversity Champion
Senior Vice President of Human Resources for Compass Group Canada, Brenda Brown, is recognized as a 2012 Diversity Champion by Women of Influence, Inc.
Associations & Accreditations
Industry associations Compass Group Canada belongs to and/or industry accreditations.
- Association of Canadian Community Colleges
- BSCAI – Building Service Contractors Association International
- Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
- Canadian College and University Food Services Association
- Canadian College of Health Leaders
- Canadian Foodservice Association
- Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors
- Canadian Restaurant and Foodservices Association
- Int’l Association of Business Communicators
- Int’l Facility Management Association
- National Registry of Food Safety Professionals
- Ontario Long Term Care Association
- Ontario Restaurant Association
- Canada Food Banks
- Women’s Executive Network
Industry Awards ForCOMPASS GROUP CANADA
- 2017 – ESS named Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in North America
- 2010-2016 – Gold Level in Progressive Aboriginal Relations – Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
- 2013 – Top 100 Foodservice Report Rankings – Kostuch Media (KML)
- 2010 – 2012 – One of Canada’s 50 Greenest Employers
- 2009-2012 – Top 100 Employers – Mediacorp Canada Inc.
- 2012 – Top 100 Employers
- 2012 – Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
- 2012 – President’s Award at 4th Annual Contractor Safety Form (for reaching 1 million safe man hours at Exxon Mobile site in Ontario)
- 2012 – Ontario’s Local Food Champions
- 2012 – Women of Influence Diversity Champion
- 2011 – Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates